Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Ode to an ActivExpression

This is a poem one of my students wrote today that made us all chuckle:

ActivExpression, ActivExpression
The greatest technology since the Great Depression
Oh, ActivExpression, where did you go?
Please don't leave 'cause you're the best techno.
Just be careful if you're on a boat
Because if you fall in the water you will not float.
We've been through good times and we've been through bad
And when your batteries go dead I will be sad.

During THE TEST we had to put away our ActivExpressions. It was like Christmas when I passed them out again! I'm guessing that's one reason he was inspired to write this poem. 

1 comment:

  1. This is the cutest thing I have ever read! My students hugged their ActivExpressions and told them how much they missed them. They couldn't wait to turn them on to see if they still worked (like they wouldn't after only 4 days in the bag). I would consider that a great piece of technology!

    ReplyDelete