Thursday, June 21, 2012

Are You a Whole Brain Teacher?


I first found Whole Brain Teaching the year that I had "that group." You know the one...you love those kiddos and do everything you can, but nothing seems to work. After some web surfing I found my light at the end of the tunnel. When I first found it, it was called Power Teaching. Chris Biffle has created many, many downloadable books all dealing with classroom management strategies and learning activities. All of his items are free, and he even has a YouTube channel with videos of the strategies being used with actual students.

Here's a video with the basics of WBT. It's seven minutes long, but well worth it!

Some of the things I really like are the daily reviewing of rules and procedures, the scoreboard, and all of the active participation strategies such as Teach/Okay, Mirror, and the use of gestures in so many different ways.

Since that year, I've used many aspects of Whole Brain Teaching, and I'm still learning. How about you? Do you use WBT or some other form of classroom management?

No comments:

Post a Comment